Wednesday, July 17, 2013

SCIC #68

Hi everyone!  I've been meaning to get to this for a couple weeks now, and I finally did it today!  Yay!  I wanted to play along at Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge blog and this fun inspiration photo.  And.... it went in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT direction than I meant it to!  Isn't that funny when that happens?  What's even better is that I love the way it turned out.  A bit different than my normal style I think, but it completely fits the theme of my pictures and the finished overall effect is definitely a sandy beachy seashell-treasure hunt kind of thing.  At least that's the way I see it!

Here's the inspiration photo!




I originally intended to go with the chevron theme AS WELL AS the colours... but as you can see below... that didn't happen AT ALL! I just stuck with the chevrons.


There is so many little details on here.  I changed the opacity on some of my smaller pieces of paper and ripped the ends to make it look like washi tape... or is it just tape?  I really don't know!  I cropped one side of the chantilly ribbon bow to get just a loop for under the edge of the photo and buttons.  I did the same sort of thing with the baker's twine.  My daughter saw a non-digi layout that had a bunch of yarn under the corner of the picture and she asked if I could do that!  What?  Of course!  You can do ANYTHING with MDS!  Just use your IMAGINATION!  My chevrons are made using the tasteful trim border punch filled with one of the grad party papers.  (by the way... I had to enlarge that thing like GINORMOUSLY... seriously!)  A few layers, some stitching to "hold" it all down, a few scattered pearls and rhinestones... and VOILA!  It was like I couldn't stop myself! 

Thanks for taking the time to look.  Be sure to head over to the challenge blog and play along.  It's so much fun!  See you next time!

2 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

WOW!! I love this digi layout! The chevrons and all of the fun little elements are perfection! (And I loved reading your description too - lol!) So glad you joined us this month at Stampin' Celebration!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Cori! I had a lot of fun doing this layout!