Monday, October 13, 2014

MDSM86-Herringbone Technique



Happy Thanksgiving Day Canadians!  I'm off this long weekend on one last blast of camping till next year.... so I'm going to be short and sweet today!

Heidi wanted us to try a technique that's new to me.... at least in MDS... the herringbone technique!  Click on over to MDS Monday to follow the link to watch Juanita Golson's step by step tutorial video, check out all the design team member's creations, and then link up in the gallery after you give it a whirl yourself!  It's pretty fun!


I actually made mine out of all Real Red coloured DSPs, but then thought it too bright, so I layered a 'piece of vellum' over it and now I love the result.... but also decided that I could have just done the whole thing in a lighter pink colour.... see how wierd my mind works sometimes?!  Ha!


Ok, that's it for me....

Challenge Guidelines:
-Please create a new MDS project for the current challenge.
-Provide a link back to MDS Monday or use the Challenge Graphic above within your post.
-Link directly to your Post for this challenge, not your entire blog. (So we can find your project)
-You can create a Card, Scrap Page or 3-D Object with the Sketch.
-The Challenge will end on Saturday Oct. 18th @ 12pm EST.
-Have fun!  

 I hope you'll be inspired to play along at MDS Monday... go check out what the other designers have created... there's so much inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
xo Anita

1 comment:

Heidi Baks said...

Love your choice of background papers, and your accessories and stitching works fabulously with the layout.