Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Wish For Peace - Merry Monday #88, CMCC#1

Hello again!  I found a new challenge blog yesterday, co-founded by the fantastic Hayley Kew and Tara Bourgoin.  It's a colour challenge, and sounds like it's going to be so much fun every week!  I hope to play along as often as possible!  Go check it out here... Colour Me...!  I combined their first colour challenge with the one at Merry Monday, which was to use an animal on your Christmas card!  I know it's juuuust past Christmas... but I may as well get a head start on this years, right?


I used my VERY ancient but one of my favourite Christmas sets A Wish For Peace.  I think the dove is beautiful and a real symbol of what Christmas is all about.  I stamped my images in Island Indigo, then using my SAMJ I stamped directly over it with Versamark, sprinkled my Heat and Stick Powder, then sprinkled and heat set my Dazzling Diamonds glitter.



It's soooo hard to catch the shimmer and shine in the photo... but with the last two photos you can hopefully get an idea!


 I was putting off taking these pictures because it is soooo dark outside today, but these will have to do!  Sorry!  It's been mostly very dark and dusky out there, so it won't get any better than this!

I had glitter absolutely everywhere, but see.... that's the thing I love about challenges... they seriously make you do stuff you wouldn't normally do (in a good way!)  I don't think I've used glitter more than a handful of times in the last five years!  It was in and on EVERYTHING!  My girls have this book on CD from the library all about this young girl who goes to a birthday party held at 'Glitterati', and that is the only work I could think of to describe my desk (and me!) when I was done!

xo Anita

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy that you found us!!! This card is just lovely. The sparkle you added made me smile! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...!, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Katie Melhus said...

This card is so pretty! I love the sparkles and the elegant bird. And I think it's always the season for a gorgeous Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is absolutely stunning, Anita! I love all the sparkle and shine, and that dove is so peaceful. What a great use of the challenge colours! Thanks for joining in the fun of our first challenge over at Colour Me...! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

This is beautiful! I can see the sparkle and know how beautiful it must be in person. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

Glitter grows! But it looks so pretty on this beautiful card, Anita! You'll all sparkle for a while, but it's so worth it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Rosemary said...

beautiful Christmas card... love all the sparkle!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Anita, that dove is so pretty and I love all that glitter. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Karen Davis said...

Anita your card is so reminiscent of yesteryear. The glitter works so beautifully with the lovely blue. Thank you so much for joining us for Merry Monday.

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous, I love all the glitter and the images you used is one of my favourites. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.