Monday, January 6, 2014

Thanks Much! CTD#273

Happy Monday everyone!  I've got a quick thank-you card today.  I resolve to send more of these this year!  Who doesn't feel great when they get one of these for just the smallest of reasons?  I think it makes people become more aware of the things they do for others when they get a thank you for something they've already done... keeps the love flowing!

I played along with the colour challenge at the Colour Throwdown.  It's a beautiful combo, and I have a few more ideas swirling around in my head for it!


I was also partly inspired by MDS Monday's new challenge.  It has hexagons on it.  I didn't link up there though, since I didn't use MDS.

                                               

OK, here's my card! 


I literally whipped this card up in a few minutes.  I used the background stamp from the Truly Grateful stamp set, heat embossed with Tempting Turquoise embossing powder and layered some stamped and punched hexagons from my Six Sided Sampler.  I layered that up on a Basic Gray panel that had been embossed with the Hexagon Folder, matted it on a Tempting Turquoise panel and used Smoky slate for my card base.  Seriously, I am ashamed to admit, that it was the very. first. time that I used Smoky Slate.  Ever.  I know... I'm sorry!  It's a beautiful soft colour!

Go check out the challenge blog... there's still a little time to play!

I'll be back in a bit with... some chalkboard art that I made in MDS!  

xo Anita
 

1 comment:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Terrific design...great use of the Throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us!