Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thanks So Much Rainbow! FM151

Hello again!  Seriously?  This is my third post today... do not keel over in shock!  Keep reading!

I have a fun thank you card I want to show off to you!  I stamped the Positively Chevron stamp on watercolour paper, heat embossed it using white embossing powder, and then using distress markers I coloured across it in a rainbow, spritzed it with water and let it do it's thing!  After it got all blend-y and watercolour-y, I used my heat tool to dry it up, wiped some colour off the white embossed part to make it pop a little more, and finished off with my sentiment banner.  I also punched some hearts and out of balck cardstock, and used glossy accents on them for a little shine!  I mounted the whole she-bang on Crumb Cake cardstock and called it done!


 I am linking up with the Friday Mashup today!  I loved their challenge as I LOVE rainbows!  The sketch worked perfectly turned on it's side as well!

 This was their challenge... use this sketch, or use rainbows or rainbow colours, or MASH IT UP and do both!  I chose to mash it up!  Nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon!


Here's another I did,  but for this one after stamping and heat embossing I pressed it down onto my craft sheet where I had already coloured with my distress markers and spritzed some water.  I sort of smooshed it around a little, dried it with my heat gun and finished it off the same as my first card.  The whole effect was much lighter and softer than when I coloured directly on the paper.  I like it this way too, but I think the first card is my favourite of the two.  What's yours?


OK, suppertime here.... seeya next week!

xo Anita

3 comments:

Avery Murphy said...

Anita, I am struggling to pick a favourite. I usually lean towards brighter colors but I think you did a fantastic job on your second card. The colors on both your cards go together perfectly. Your instructions for how you made your cards were perfect!

Thank you for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Both cards are fantastic! The technique you used for the background is great.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lynda Day said...

Anita, I love this card! I have tried this technique before, you did a much better job!! Thanks for playing with The Friday Mashup!