Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Happy Birthday! CMCC #15

Welcome everybody!  Today I have another colour challenge from Colour Me...!  This is my second week guest designing for them, and I just love the colour combo they have chosen for this week!  So fresh and fun!  It reminds me of our week in Mexico last November!  Ahhhh....

At first I had in mind to design something in MDS using pictures from our Mexico trip... but I'm a little too busy designing something VERY COOL for my hubby's youngest sister's wedding.  And that is coming up in just over two weeks, so I am totally focusing on that in MDS.... and on nothing other!  Rest assured... I will show you when I can!

So instead of warm tropical vacations I have a bright flowery card for you instead.  Take a peek!


Isn't it a bright and cheerful card?  I only used the two colours from the palette, but I also did some second generation stamping to give a little background and depth to the flowers.  I also used the Vines EF from SU! on the Daffodil Delight panel, but you really actually don't see it much.  Oh well... it adds a little interest, doesn't it?  I agonized over what colour to stamp the sentiment in. Bermuda Bay... Black... Bermuda Bay... Black... and in the end I stamped it in Black because it drew my eye better than the Bermuda Bay, which just made it sort of blend in with all the flowers!  So there you have it!  A quick and easy card, but a beautiful one nonetheless!

I hope you'll click on over to the Colour Me...!  challenge blog, check out everyone else's beautiful projects, and then make some time to play along yourself!  You can find all the details here!

10 comments:

Katie Melhus said...

Very pretty card Anita! I love your bright and beautiful flowers :)

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, anita!! so fresh and fun!

OttawaMom said...

Definitely a bright and cheerful card! Love the layering and all those fabulous blooms.

Unknown said...

Spring is in the air and this card made me believe it!!! Great job ;)

Deepti said...

This is beautiful Anita :) lovely stamping

Alli said...

Fantastic!!!
Loooooove it!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Anita, I love the bit of texture peeking out from behind your focal panel...beautifully designed!

Tara Bourgoin said...

I love how happy this is! It's so spring like and cheerful! Beautiful card, Anita :)

walchowDesign said...

Such a bright and cheerful card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours and layout. Your textured mat is a very nice touch too.
Heather T