Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MDSM21 on Wednesday!

Just a quick post today.  I am playing along again with MDS Monday.  They've got an awesome sketch challenge on this week that involves grouping photo boxes!  I had a ton of fun making this layout and based some of my elements on something I had saved in one of my folders, but unfortunately I don't know who to give credit to anymore!

Here's the sketch...


Here's my layout!  I used a bunch of papers from the Lemonade Stand kit.  Love those colours!


A few other details about my layout... the 'live' stamp is actually a cropped 'Old Olive' stamp and the black outline on my flags is a freeform line that I did myself!  Lots of fun!

Thanks for looking!  Don't forget to click on over to check out the MDS Monday blog and all the cool ideas you can find there.

Let me know what you think of my "Live, Love & Family" layout.  It's a picture of my father and mother-in-law, their 5 children, 4 spouses (so far!) and their 9 (one on the way!) grandchildren.  One of my husband's sisters had just moved back from Australia with her husband and baby, one sister lived in the Dominican Republic with her husband and three kiddos, and his brother lives in Haiti with their two kids.  We had an opportunity to have a picture taken last summer when we were all together for a space of two weeks.  Believe me... with a group that size, there were plenty of bloopers and outtakes!  Fun, fun, fun!

4 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

Ooooh, I LOVE this layout! The colors are wonderful and I love your banner and freeform lines! ;)

beth rush said...

really nice page! I like all of the background details, the hexagons and medallion, the stitched on banner. very nice! I'm so glad you joined us at MDS Monday this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful! Love the flags, and the layered sentiment is fabulous!! Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Alrighty - this is pure delight. I love this kit, and that picture is SO perfect for this technique. The little details just "make" this page... Like the flags and that great backgrounds stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday this week :)