Sunday, September 1, 2013

Stampin' Celebration Time!

**Edit**  Links should be working properly now!

Wooooo-hooooo!  I'm SOOOO excited to finally share my great news with you!  I am now a member of the super, amazing creative, genius design team over at Stampin Celebration!  I still pinch myself now and then to make sure it's true!  So, on the 1st and the 15th of every month, we will post an inspiration photo (1st) and a sketch challenge (15th) on the challenge blog (and I will on my blog too!) and you can play along for a chance to be the "Pick of the Party" for that month.  It's sooo fun!  And addictive! I love playing along with challenges.... it just gets my creative juices flowing!

So, lets get started!  Today's the first of September, so that means we have this fantastic inspiration photo for you!  Isn't it beautiful?  


I've got a few creations to show you that I made with this as inspiration!

The first is a scrapbook layout I made in MDS, using the engagement picture of my own parents.... way back in the day!  (Hi Mom!)  I think they look so young and beautiful here.  And my dad seriously looks as young and handsome now as he did then!  My mom has only grown more beautiful (as only moms can!), and her smile is still exactly the same.  The one thing (of many!) that I love about my mom is her laugh!  
I didn't stop with a scrapbook layout though!  I also made a card using the Oh, Hello stamp set.  It's pretty simple, but so sweet!


Here's a little closer up view of the detail on the rose.  I used the paper tole technique to get more of a 3D look.  I love how it turned out!  It's those small little details and taking the time to do them that make it particularly special to send a card like this in the mail, and then to receive it!



And because I simply could not decide what to show you today, I thought I would show you the third and final item that I created using the inspiration challenge photo.  I found this frame at Home Sense, and decided to make a pretty decor piece for my scrapbooking room.  It sits on a shelf next to my desk, where I can see it everyday!  It's so pretty, isn't it?


Here you can see a little more detail.  The finished size of my project is 4x6, and fits perfectly in here!  I did use a retired stamp on here.  The Elizabeth stamp is such a beautiful one and seemed to be made especially for this project.  I could not resist!


I hope you've enjoyed checking out my projects.  Please click on all of our names to follow the blog hop and be taken directly to the rest of the Design Teams projects to see what all the other ladies have designed to inspire you.  Then don't forget to click on over to the Stampin' Celebration blog, check out that inspiration photo again and then go forward and get crafty, so that you can link up your own creation to play along for a chance to be this month's Pick of the Party!  We'd love to party with you!

Erica CerwinPink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Allison OhranSweet Impressions
Lauri IngramPaperville Crafts
Krista JensenKrista's Stamper Room
Anita KrulMy Paper Chronicles

Supplies for card:
Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party
Stamps:  Oh, Hello 
Accessories:  linen thread, pearls, adhesive

Supplies for 3D item:
Paper:  Very Vanilla
DSP:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe
Stamps:  Elizabeth
Accessories:  Mosaic Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim,  5/8" Crochet Trim Victoria, linen thread, hemp twine, Very Vintage Designer Buttons, adhesive

Supplies for MDS layout:

This is quite a lengthy list.... if you would like to know how I did something or what I used, please feel free to say so in the comments and I can reply to you, or email you the list!

Have a fabulous week!  Happy September!  

xo Anita

4 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

I love all of your creations Anita! Your MDS layouts always inspire me and I love the texture in your other projects. :)

Lauri said...

Beautiful projects Anita...you are an MDS inspiration!

Unknown said...

These are all amazing projects! I can't even pick my favorite, lol. We are lucky to have you be a part of the DT!

Nina Dee said...

Such lovely projects! :)