Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! SCIC74

Good morning everyone!  I'm here with my first blog post of the first day of the new year!  We've had many reasons to be thankful in 2013, and now I want to wish you all the very best in 2014.  I want to thank you all for the many kind words and comments you've given me this year... I appreciate them all... each and everyone of them!  I hope you will continue to visit me here in 2014.  I'm not real big on 'making resolutions', but the one thing that I really want to do this year is give MORE CARDS TO PEOPLE WHO NEED THEM!  The elderly people in our church always have their birthdays posted, we always hear about the ill or those who've had hardships or been in the hospital, the discouraged and lonely, etc, etc... so this year instead of only remembering the happy things, like new babies and marriages, family birthdays, etc... I want to make cards (and give them!) for those who will not be expecting one from anyone, much less me and my family!  It will mean making ALOT of cards and possibly I'll forget a few, but it's really something I want to do this year... and every year! but lets start with this one! 

I also want to say thanks to my fellow Stampin' Celebration DT members... I love being on the design team with all of you, and am immensely grateful for having this opportunity!  Thank you!

So now... after a month of barely being on here, I'm back because it's the first of January, and that means we have a new challenge for all of you!  Take a look!  Isn't it so pretty?!


I just love this colour combo... and I actually could not decide in which direction to go.  I ended up NOT USING MDS!  What?!  Yes... I made a card for this challenge for once... I actually made a few... but this is the one that made the cut!


So... what do you think?  Will you play along with us this month?  You could be our Pick of the Party for January!  Check out the blogs of the other design team members to see what they have created.  You could be inspired!  We love to see what you do, so be sure to link up your project on the Stampin' Celebration blog so we can check it out!

Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Krista Jensen - Krista's Stamper Room
Anita Krul - My Paper Chronicles
OK... one last thing... just because I haven't been posting on here through the last few weeks doesn't mean I haven't been creating anything!  My husband has had a week off and we have totally just enjoyed relaxing and drinking coffee and playing with the kids, and I'll tell you... I have made a TON of cards in the last couple weeks!  I don't have all the pictures of them yet... we've had some gloomy days not the greatest for picture taking... but I'm going to work on that and show you what I've been up to the last while!  I haven't forgotten about showing you the 21 digital pages that I made in less than a week either!  Yes... you read that right!  21!  And now that my mom has received her Grandchildren Brag Book (you know it's true Mom!) I can freely show it here too!  Stay tuned!

No comments: