Friday, October 25, 2013

MDS Monday... on Friday!

Ahhh... finally Friday!  I haven't had a single chance to get down to my office this week... so today, when all the kids are home, I finally sat down to finish this layout I started last week!  Strange that I finally get a chance... when my kids are all home!  But, anyway, if that's what it takes, then that's what I get!  


I was playing along at MDS Monday... which never fails to offer a great challenge.  Here's the great sketch... I have another layout that I made using this sketch, but can't show it to you just yet!  Come back on the 1st of November for that one!


 Here's my layout, made in MDS of course!  Can I just say it again... I LOVE MDS!


First off... isn't this picture a beautiful one?  My oldest sister Christine, her husband Arie, and their Fabulous Five had this taken in their backyard last year.  Even the fence matches their clothing!  I stayed true to the colour scheme by recolouring alot of my elements in grays and blues... depending on what the original colour of the embellishment was.  

This layout was alot of fun to make, maybe especially because I love my sister dearly... her husband is hilarious (my sister hates it when we get going, as once we start laughing, it's hard to stop!) and these five kids are very dear to us... but they all live clear on the other side of the country!  Lots of love went into this layout Chrissy... hope you like it!  I've got more of just the kids... so stay tuned!

OK, that's it for me today... we are off to visit a brand new little niece born to my hubby's sister.  I see cute baby layouts in my future!

xo Anita

2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, beautiful, beautiful elements! Love the burlap and the stitching... the tickets. I see a lot of embellishments I don't (yet) have. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Absolutely stunning page, Anita! I simply adore the recoloured burlap! All these embellishments look fab, and you've done a wonderful job at 'matching' the page to the photo (which is wonderful, by the way!). Glad you were able to play with us this week :)