Friday, October 18, 2013

Thinking of You - HSSCC#170, SSSC195

Happy Friday to you all!  Another gorgeous day here... so I will be quick so I can get out there and do some much needed work!  

My husband needed a sympathy card at work large enough for about 30 guys to sign, so today's card is a 5 x 7 card.  It is also a hybrid card.  I started in MDS with a sentiment from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp brush set in Basic Black printed out on Naturals White CS.  I also have a stamp brush on the inside of the card.  I wish I could tell you which verse it was, but my hubby took the card to work already so I can't tell you for sure... but it's from the same stamp set.  I COULD open up MDS and see what it was again.... but I don't feel like it right now!  Just trust me!

Anyway, here's the card.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out!


You can see that I used the Inspired by Nature stamp set.  Love that set!  I 'stamped off' first in Garden green for the grass stamp, and stamped it a few times to make more grass.  I coloured the flower stamp in Garden Green and Tangerine Tango markers, 'huffed' on it to make it 'come back to life', and then stamped it on top of the grass.  I matted my focal panel with some more Garden Green and Elegant Eggplant to go along with the colour challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I was also using the sketch from the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge, so I placed a small scallop circle and button on the front of my card, just underneath the sentiment as well.  It really balanced it all out!



 

Oh, and because my card was not a regular A4 card size, I needed to make my own envelope... which looked very nice when I was done.... but I don't have the envelope punch board... YET!  I know now, I definitely need it!  I wish I had taken a picture with the envelope, but didn't.  It looked just that much more special with a matching envelope of Garden Green.  It's on my list of 'things to get'!

OK, that's it!  Have a fabulous weekend!  Perhaps I'll be back before Monday... hopefully!

xo Anita

No comments: