Friday, August 8, 2014

Ahhh... Mexico! MDSM#76



Hello!  I'm back with a quick post.... just squeezing in under the wire here.  Today was my oldest daughters 11th birthday, and I FINALLY managed to finish this layout.  I've been thinking all week what I wanted to do with the sketch at MDS Monday this week... 
... and then it came to me yesterday night!  One of my pictures from Mexico, with all three photo boxes grouped together!  This will be the cover of my album from my husband's and my trip to the Mayan Riviera last December, so... no journalling.  And I also flipped the sketch so that my title would be in the top left corner.  Now that I knew what I wanted to do, it was just a matter of finding the time!  Well, today was the day... I took the birthday girls to my in-laws pool, then realized my laptop battery was dead, so hauled an extension cord out to run my computer... and seriously... like 20 minutes later... DONE!  Love that about MDS!  Anywhere!  Anytime!  


I colour matched the background to the sand and added a texture overlay stamp to resemble grains of sand.  My font is FFF Tusj... LOVE IT!  It's a great chalkboard font as well... but just seemed to fit the style here as well.  To be honest... I hardly feel like I really 'scrapbooked' because it's all picture!  At first I thought the sketch would be pretty easy... but there were really not a lot of pictures that I had that worked for it... and now I'm glad, because I got my Mexico book in the works.... after 9 months!  Isn't that awful?

Man... that water sure looks inviting doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping in... xo Anita

oh... one little confession... I 'erased' some people walking on the sand in the foreground... they just didn't fit!  That took me longer than actually making this page!

4 comments:

beth rush said...

love this take on the sketch, your photo is perfect broken up like that. So glad you joined us at MDS Monday this week!

Heather Pilz said...

Great idea to wipe out extra people and love the concept for a cover! I may borrow it!!

Tami Hewlett said...

Gorgeous photo and wonderful page all around. (I'm guilty of erasing people from my photos too!) Thanks so much for joining us at MDS Monday.

Heidi Baks said...

Ahhh, such a beautiful photo, Anita! I laughed at your comment of "erasing" some people. Thanks for joining MDS Monday.