Monday, May 6, 2013

MDS Monday!


Instead of a card, I've got a scrapbooking layout today!  I love to digital scrapbook!  My love affair with scrapbooking began when my now-almost-10 year old daughter was born... and it is still going strong.  Back then I thought digital scrapbooking was a cop-out.... what would be fun about that?  Give me buttons, glue and ribbon, and I was a happy girl.  But after a couple more cute little girls were born, I finally realized something had to change... I no longer had time for that kind of scrapbooking (or precious little of it anyway!)  I bought MDS since I was a SU! demo and I've been a goner since.

I. Absolutely. Love. It.

I have never played along on a challenge before, aside from the time I was on the Artistic Avenger's DT, but that was never scrapbooking, always cards.  So I hope I can figure out how to link this whole she-bang.  Anyway, enough blah, blah, blah... here's the sketch and challenge for MDSM # 13.

Make a page using the sketch below and monochromatic colors. (Definition: Monochromatic colors are all the colors (tints, tones, and shades) of a single hue.) 
 

And here's my take on the challenge! 


I used different opacities of Tempting Turquoise, some staples and stitching, and the frames from the Downtown Grunge kit.  Love those frames!  Hope this fulfills the challenge!  If nothing else, it's another layout done in my book... make that three books, since I can easily import this into all three girls' books!  Gotta love that!

7 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

I totally agree with you on the view of digital scrapbooking... I was a hard sell and now totally hooked. Love your pics and the change in opacity in the background is a great idea. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

Cynthia M said...

Nice take on the challenge! You should play more often...I really like your shades of blue too!

beth rush said...

fun page! glad you played along with our challenge. don't you love those "downtown grunge" frames? I have a hard time not using them on just about every page!!

Wendie Waldman said...

nice layout - I like what you did with the background dsp.

jjcreations said...

You've done a great job with the monochromatic aspect of this page - don't ya just love the opacity tool! Great use of the staples too! Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday. Hope to see you again.

Rochelle said...

Awesome page! I like how you added more pictures but still stuck with the sketch! I started scrap booking the same way...with REAL paper and thought the same you did...but look at us now...digital has sucked us in! :) Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is beautiful! I love the effect you've created the different pieces of Tempting Turquoise and the cute stitching! Wonderful page. Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday :)