Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MDSM16-Stamp In Color!

I played along today at MDS MondayMDSM16 involved a sketch and a challenge to stamp in color.  Use the stamp coloring tool... hmmm.  I do that on a regular basis, so I decided to challenge myself even further and used the horizontal element in the sketch to create some subway art, and then color the whole shebang in the colors of the rainbow!  I am so pleased with the end result.  It's not something I would even think of doing, (time consuming, hello!) if I were left to my own devices!  I am a pretty simple scrapbooker, I do love color, but usually I don't veer too far off my comfortable course!  The thing with challenges, is that they are making me think about what I can do differently, what could be kind of cool to try.  I know I'm not really cool (I'm a MOM!) but, you know, like 'cool' cool to try!  Yeah, like that!

So here's the sketch...


and here's my layout.  

 
I chose these pictures of my youngest daughter (21 months at the time!) on ANOTHER first day of school.  I am a school bus driver, and she comes with me and sits in her car seat next to all the kids!  She actually loves it, and knows kids by name, and tells me which ones I have to pick up next!  (She also tells me when we are going to pass a Tim Hortons coffee shop!  She truly is her mother's daughter!)  She definitely has her favorites on there, and totally runs the show.  Probably a mistake of me to let her do that.... she'll never listen when she finally starts school.  She'll be one of those kindergarten students who laughs at the kids who are crying on the first day, because she can't figure out what the big deal is.  Yeah, so anyway... she is such a ray of sunshine on the bus, that I went with the rainbow idea.  Even though a rainbow is associated with rain... I associate it with the sunshine because of it's gorgeous colors.

Go checkout MDS Monday and see all the gorgeous samples and be inspired to create something yourself!  Have a fantastic Tuesday!




7 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

That is seriously awesome! I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone, and the time spent was well worth it! I love the subway art, the colors, the graduated text size... everything. Having cute pictues doesn't hurt either. ;) Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

jjcreations said...

Oh - My - Word!!!!!!!!! This is spectacular! You have so much awesomeness going on here I'm speechless! (wordless????) Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at MDS Monday!

beth rush said...

WOW!! Love that! Really really great! I will definitely be doing something like this soon! I like the rainbow of color against the kraft background, or I should call it Crumb cake now I guess. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Absolutely amazing! Such a fabulous idea with the subway art and the rainbow colouring - It's perfection! Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday! :)

Cori Kozak said...

What a fabulous layout!! Love how you did the colors.... very fun!!

Rochelle said...

Your page turned out great! I love the rainbow idea! I would have never ever done that, but I love the way it looks! And the little story is great! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

Carole Mork said...

Well aren't you clever!! Love it!