Thursday, May 23, 2013

MDSM #15

I really wanted to play along at MDS Monday this week with the sketch challenge.  Man, it was definitely a challenge for me.  Here's the sketch that was posted, and the challenge to go along with it was to find some fun ways to attach my photos.  

                              

First of all, I really struggled with that big picture... not because I don't like big pictures... (I knew right away which pictures I wanted to use) but it just wouldn't center it within my bleed area enough when I stretched it the full 12".  (I've had a bad experience with that bleed area before, and have since learned my lesson!)  So I settled for a 10"x6" photo with nothing other than a Downtown Grunge frame around it!  I 'attached' it with stitching that I recolored to Brilliant Blue to match the slide.  I messed around FOREVER with how to attach those smaller pictures.  Nothing looked right, I wanted something different... and I was starting to try too hard... and that NEVER works!  Usually gets worse!  

Then I thought of BRADS!  I haven't used brads (the real or the digital version) in ages!  So I plopped a few of those babies in and called it good!  I actually like them!  Now all I have to do is save this in Carlye's album... then change the bottom three pictures to apply to my other two daughters, Gemma and SarahLynn, change the journalling a bit, save 'em, and it's THREE layouts done, just like that!  Gotta love that!


Thanks for looking!  Have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

What fun going on in those photos! What a great way to use the layout to focus on the subjects! Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

Wendie Waldman said...

Fantastic take on the MDSM sketch! The photos are great.

Denise Willerton said...

what a fabulous page...thanks so much for popping by my blog...and you're right, this could get addicting...I'm such a newbie with MDS, I hunt and peck and then forget how I got there or did something. I'll get it yet...LOVE your page!!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Oh wow this is so much fun!! It's almost as if this sketch was made for this page - that picture with the 3 slides just brings your eyes right down tot he three images on the bottom - brilliant design! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday :)