Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Thinking of You Friend-FMS88, DD54


I haven't been down in my 'office' to actually make something with real paper in a while!  I decided to look up some online challenges for something other than digital, which I've been doing quite a bit lately.  I found some great sites and plan to try them all, but for starters I decided to play along at Freshly Made Sketches (FSM88) and Dynamic Duos (DD54).

Here is the sketch and the colour combo I used...
And here is my card...


Not the best picture, but it is a rainy day, so... not much to do about that!  I used this stamp for the first time.  I have a hard time making cards for this occasion, so hopefully this new stamp will help me past that problem!  It's a really beautiful image.  I stamped it twice, once in Bashful Blue, and again in Midnight Muse and trimmed around the circle to pop up the center piece with dimensionals.  I love the Window Frames Framelits, so I cut another one out of MM and used my paper piercer and template to add a little detail.  For my card base I used the Naturals White cardstock from SU! which I was also using for the first time.  I quite like it.  It's a little bit of a softer white than the Whisper White.... and also a little sturdier, IMO.

With a great sketch and a gorgeous colour combo I was done in no time flat.  Which is getting me all excited to make certain I get down to "mommy's office" more often!

Be sure to check out the challenge blogs by clicking the links and see what other lovely samples the DT's have created.  Go make something yourself!

Thanks for looking.... have a wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

this is amazing Anita. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Janet's Joy said...

Looks like a very useful stamp and I love the frames! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Amy O said...

What a pretty card! I love the way you've layered the image, and I love the bow! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is so lovely! The colors are just great and I love the little bow. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!