Wednesday, May 29, 2013

You Are Simply Wonderful - FM111


Hello again!  My little lady was STILL sleeping, so I figured 'make hay while the sun shines' (even though it is pouring rain outside) and I decided to sneak in under the wire on another cool challenge I found.  The Friday Mashup.  


Here's the Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using "your choice of a Neutral & a Splash of one Bright Color".
  2. Create a project "using a Pencil (regular graphite #2)".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project "using pencil & your choice of a neutral & a Splash of a Bright Color".

I chose SU! Naturals White CS as my neutral.  Raspberry Ripple became my "pop of colour" and  I mashed it all up by distressing the edges of my main panel with the edge of my scissor and running my pencil along it to act as a "shadow effect".  Continuing with my "drop shadow" idea I also coloured lightly around my little bird and drew some darker lines in his chest area.  Behind my sentiment (stamped off Basic Black) I did the same thing using my pencil in a crosshatch pattern.  

Looking at my picture now, it's pretty obvious that I had a pretty light hand, since it's fairly hard to actually see (or is that because my screen has my two years old's fingerprints?)  In real life it is much more obvious.  And not to make excuses for myself or anything, but the picture kinda sucks because it is a gloomy day, so that doesn't help either!

Thanks for looking!  Leave me some love!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can definitely see the pencil and think you did a great job using it on your card! I also love that you used Raspberry Ripple, great color!

So glad you joined us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

The drop shadow is fabulous! Love that idea. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.