Monday, August 12, 2013

CQC#201, MDSM27, PMDC-025

So I know I already have a layout posted today, but I've got another one!  Yay!  After I cleaned up the house and kids, took them to swimming lessons, fed them lunch, I sat down and played with MDS!  I played along with not one, not two, but THREE challenges.  A first for me!  I found a new challenge (thanks, Nicole!) at Pixel Maven's Retreat to use BRADS!  Well, I just happened to be using brads on my layout, so I'll squeak in under the wire before the challenge closes!  I also love this weeks' challenge colour combo at the ColourQ, and of course, I LOVE playing along at MDS Monday, and the sketch is awesome this week!  My layout came together beautifully, if I do say so myself!

PMDC-025

Hope you enjoy what I've done with these ADORABLE pictures of my two year old!


Seriously, the ability to recolour something in MDS is my most favourite feature, I think.  I recoloured my Bright Blooms to Soft Sky, Calypso Coral and Night of Navy.  It worked perfectly!  My stitching is also recoloured to N of N as well.  Did you notice for the centers of my flowers, that I used BRADS?  I love it.  The Everyday Enchantment ones are conveniently Calypso Coral!  The colour combo is fabulous!  I will definitely be using this on a card in the near future as well!

Thanks for checking it out!  Leave me a comment, letting me know what you think!  

Come back tomorrow for some gorgeous pictures of our renovation and redecoration of my daughters bedroom, which we surprised her with for her 10th birthday last week!  She says "it's like a magazine, Mom!"  And I agree... humbly of course!

xo Anita

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful page, Anita, love how you displayed your colors! So happy you joined us at the colourQ. Hope to see you here again!

Heidi Baks said...

OMGosh, I love this color combo with your page! All the flower embellishments are just perfect. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

beth rush said...

so pretty! I love all the details you added to your flowers. those pictures are adorable, they look great in black and white.
so glad you joined us at MDS Monday this week!

Cori Kozak said...

Love this!!! Awesome color combo and love the circle stitching!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! And Beth... the pictures are actually in blue! First time I've ever used that feature in MDS. We'll have to see what it looks like in 'real' when I eventually get the book printed!

jjcreations said...

Oh my goodness....this is wonderful. Such a bold page! I absolutely love your little groups of embellishments - and especially the little flower centres you've created with the brads! Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.

Sara said...

Fabulous layout! I love the colors you used to contrast the black and white photos.

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful page. I too love MDS. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow! This is absolutely divine! I just love all the blossoms and the brad accents. Fabulous colour combo and combination of challenges! Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday this week :)

Rochelle said...

Love this Anita!! The colors and the details are perfect!

Denise Willerton said...

Anita, I love everything about you page..the brads, brilliant, the flowers, perfect...and how did you do the scrunch on that flower? WOW WOW!!! Beautifully done :-)

Unknown said...

Denise... that flower is from the Bright Blooms in MDS. It's been recolored to Calypso Coral.... probably from Melon Mambo I think! I'm glad you liked my layout... thanks for your sweet compliment!