Tuesday, August 20, 2013

SCIC#69 Sketch, HSS Color Challenge #166

Good morning!  I unfortunately needed to make a card for my 10 year old nephew... not unfortunate that I had to make a card, but unfortunately the poor guy broke his leg!  At least it isn't the beginning of summer holidays I guess!  So anyway, he's going to be in a cast for about 6 weeks, and hopefully will not need surgery... so in the meantime I figured we would send him some love and cheer across the country!  I hope he likes his card!

I turned to the sketch challenge at Stampin' Celebration and the colour challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments (first time for me over there!) for inspiration, and my card came together pretty easily.

 

Here it is!


Isn't he cute?  Despite the fact he's obviously felt better!


I hope this card will cheer James up!  Did you notice I drew little buttonholes on his vest buttons (Candy Dots-Subtles) and some stitching around the edges with my Early Espresso marker.  I also stamped on textured cardstock for an imperfect look, after all James is feeling less than stellar!

Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know what you think about my card.  I love comments!

Supplies used:

Paper:  Very Vanilla textured CS, Early Espresso CS, Eastern Elegance DSP, Gingham Garden DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso Classic Ink
Stamps:  Sassy Salutations
Other:  Linen Thread, Designer Naturals Buttons, Chalk Talk Framelits, Owl Builder Punch, Candy Dots, Early Espresso Marker

xo Anita

7 comments:

Lauri said...

Such a cute card! I am sure this will make him smile...and hope he has a quick recovery!

Cori Kozak said...

What a cute card and an adorable owl - love his eyes! Love the twine and vest "buttons" too! Thanks for joining us for our sketch challenge this month at Stampin' Celebration! :)

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love all the accents!!! The owl is adorable!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Erin Gonzales said...

Where do I start... I LOVE THIS! It is such a clean and simple design and I am partial to that, ;-) I love the pop of yellow, happens to be my FAV color. Super cute and to incorporate BOTH the colors from HSS & the sketch from SCIC- great JOB on both fronts!!

Erika Clark said...

This is just so sweet, you should have heard my "awwww". I have a friend with a little boy in need of a heart transplant, and I'll definitely CASE this card to send to him. Just a cute little card! Thanks for joining us at HSS! Erika

Krista said...

Poor little dude! I hope this ADORABLE card cheers him up! I love all of the layering and all of the elements fit together beautifully! Thanks for playing at HSS!!

Stampin by Genny said...

Congratulations Anita!

You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design in our color challenge! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.
Please email me to obtain the html code for your HSS badge.

Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Come play again!


HSS Design Team
Genny