Monday, August 26, 2013

MDSM28, CQC #203

Happy Monday everyone!  Last week of summer vacation is here!  The kids are excited, I am excited... today is the day we make sure we have everything organized... check out the school supplies, make sure the uniforms are ready... new backpack and lunch... speaking of lunch... that's the one thing that gets me every. single. day.  Something the girls like one day, will be old news the next.  They'll eat it today and by next week they claim they have NEVER liked THAT on their bread to school!  We have actually resorted to just telling them to eat an apple or an orange in place of a sandwich.... horrors... what bad parents!  I always begin the year with good intentions and tell myself I will think up new, innovative ways to get them to enjoy eating their lunches... and this year is no exception!  I have a few tricks up my sleeve still.... we'll see how it goes!


Anyway, on to what you are here for...

A little MDS Monday and a ColourQ challenge thrown in the mix.  Go check them out.  I love the colour combo for this week's challenge.  It's so bright and bold, and I'm partial to that in my girls' scrapbooks.  I took some liberties with the sketch and used the three panels for three different DSP's and then added the picture on top of that.  I love using flag banners, flowers and buttons (not to mention staples and stitching!) on most of my layouts, so that's what I went with here as well!  


 Here's my layout made in MDS of course!  (is there any other?)


Thanks for looking!  Have a great week!

xo Anita

5 comments:

beth rush said...

what a gorgeous embellishment cluster you have created! lovely. and your papers and colors are so great with your photo! So glad you joined us at MDS Monday this week!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful layout, Anita, love those flowers, great digital page! thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

savvy teaching tips said...

Totally perfect. Beautiful work - I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q this week!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love your cluster of embellishments and the stitching to hold the various panels of DSP 'together'. SO sweet!. Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday this week :)

Jane said...

Love your layout. Great photo to use. Congratulations on being featured.